Thursday 24 January 2013

The Road Is Definitely My Destiny!

Despite the awful weather, I've continued my epic journey around Merton, with visits to groups at host schools Garfield, Singlegate, Malmesbury, Bond, Stanford, Joseph Hood, Beecholme and Poplar. Some of you now know '8,4,2,1', a great exercise to help keep the pulse steady throughout a performance, especially when the dynamic is loud. Once you get really good at holding the pulse, try it in canon, 8,4 and 2 beats apart. Below Singlegate, Merton Abbey and Dundonald 'hold it for the camera'!
Pupils who came to Garfield and Malmesbury made fascinating wallpaper 'roads' using cutout footprints which suggested how our travellers may have begun their journeys. They also added lots of helpful words and phrases of encouragement for me to take with me in my backpack.
Here are my special objects, the ones I grabbed quickly, as I tried to imagine how dreadful it must be to have to leave home and loved ones with only moments to spare. What would you take? Which object will your class vote to bring to next week's workshop? Adam and Phil really enjoyed their sessions with you - you'll see and hear them as they will perform with us at the RAH in April...I can't wait to get there!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment